Kia ora and welcome to the official page of the Friends of Wainui School (FOWS).
Next Meeting Date:
1 August at 7.00pm in the staffroom
Next Social/Networking Evening:
15 August 7.00pm-8.30pm at the Northern Union
Wainui School has always had a high degree of parental and community involvement. We welcome and encourage all parents to become involved in the school and their child’s/children’s education. There are many ways parents can help out, whether it is on our FOWS, our Board of Trustees (BOT), with our sports programs, within the academic programs, with extra curricular activities or just down at the school assisting teachers in the classroom. We involve ourselves in many school events and value parental support greatly.
The FOWS is one of the cornerstones of our school community. The group meets monthly, usually on a Wednesday evening (the second one in each month), in the school staffroom. It is made up of parents who volunteer their time and expertise, an executive committee, a teacher representative, and the school principal. Everyone is welcome to attend these meetings, and minutes of the meetings are available to the public as well.
The objectives of the FOWS are to:
- Run social events for parents and children, providing an opportunity for people to get to know each other and have fun.
- Encourage parents to become more involved with their children’s school and to develop strong links between home and school.
- Provide support for school events and other special occasions.
- Raise funds to supplement the teaching and learning programs for the children of Wainui School.
The Wainui School FOWS is perhaps most well known for its outstanding fundraising ability. The FOWS runs a variety of agreed calendared events throughout the year. These events have raised a lot of money in the past few years, and have contributed greatly to the teaching and learning programs at Wainui School. The FOWS aim is to have a few very good fundraisers, which involve people outside the school community, make an important financial impact, and therefore make a real difference to our wonderful school.
If you would like to become involved, or want to find out more about it, let us know or use the form below.
FOWS group for 2018:
- Chairperson : Denise Ditchburn
- Secretary: Kylie Allen/Vanya Paladin
- Treasurer: Catherine Southwick
- Sponsorship: Kylie Allen/Nikki Browne
- BOT Representative: Nikki Browne
- April Sawyer
- Candace Pope
- Cindy Cator
- Daniela Kilian
- Dee Robinson
- Emma Coupe
- Evelyn Matthews
- Fiona McIntyre
- Jason McIntyre
- Isabelle Blais-Smith
- Kate Stevens
- Kay Elliot
- Kirsty Latham
- Louise Pengelly
- Nadine Phillips
- Rachel Poninghaus
- Ros Minto
- Sandy Tucker
- Vanessa Lloyd
- Victoria Thorpe
- Viv Bayer
- Gillian Bray
- Wendy Taylor