FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S DESK
Kia ora Koutou,
We all had such a fantastic day last Friday!! Thank you everyone for your support for all our events!! The weather was so kind to us as well!!
- Pink Shirt Day with Constable Brian and his friends highlighted the issues of “Bullying”, caring and showing respect. We were very fortunate to have Constable Bryan, “Bobby”, the Inspector of our region and 5 other friends visit us first on their tour.
- The unveiling of the sponsors board for the bike track was very special!! (Especially to me!!) This addition to our school took 3 years of fundraising (mainly Grants) and organisation with three different groups of student councillors!!
3. The Bike-a-thon!! What an amazing effort from everyone to complete their laps. Whether you were doing a lap of the bush track or a lap of the roundabout, each student tried their very best. It was wonderful to see the track alive with effort and fun and the odd fall of course!! Now we urge you to collect up your sponsorship monies to be in to enter the draw for the prizes on display in the office. Remember, to win a bike you only need three sponsors to be in the draw. All monies and sponsor cards need to be handed in by 15th June. The prize draw will be made at the Awards Assembly on Friday 6th July.
4. Lastly, we must thank the FOWs group for the amazing food, coffee and a wonderful morning tea whereby the FOWs members, Kay, Cindy, Kylie, Nikki, Kate, Denise, Brenda and Sandy T put on the most amazing morning tea for sponsors and staff!! We are so thankful to you all and the rest of the FOWs team. This has raised approx $1,700!
Thank you to Indie’s Mum, Amy Hawkins, for all the wonderful photos.
WHAT ELSE HAS BEEN HAPPENING
Matific – Classes are all using an online maths programme called ‘Matific’ to support their maths programmes. All children have their own login. We ask you as parents to contribute $12.00 towards this programme. It can be used at home as well to support learning.
COMING UP THIS WEEK
Rhythm Interactive are coming to our school this Friday 25th May. The cost is $5 per child. Please send in your payment before Friday. In this interactive drum show each student is given an African styled hand drum to play along during the show.
BOT News!! – Following the meeting last Tuesday a number of decisions have been made. Most notable being the approval by the BOT of artificial turf for our old courts. The school has raised $20,000 of the total $36,000. If you and/or your business would like to sponsor part of the turf please let me know.
Ka kite ano,
Update on the PEEPS programme – Thanks so much to all the Tui Team parents who have volunteered to assist with our PEEPs programme on Fridays of this term. Last Friday went exceptionally well despite it being photo day and the weather that hindered but didn’t discourage our gardeners in the afternoon. We are still trying to gather the following to assist with our programme: garden mix soil, potting mix, seedlings, seeds, pots, wine barrels or large plastic barrels, large railway sleepers or similar for garden edging, egg cartons, paints (bright colours could be leftover pots or sample pots), gardening gloves, gumboots, newspaper. Thanks Tui Team.
Teacher Aide Needed – Based in years 1-4. We are looking for someone who is caring and empathetic to childrens learning needs. Person required for immediate start. Fair rates of pay, 4 hours a day, Mon – Fri (5 days). Please email your interest to Mel Ludwig in the office on email@example.com or phone 09 420 5127.
Pool Keys – Reminder to please return your pool keys to the office, you will receive a small bond back.
Remember to email your sports results to Miss Ludwig in the office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Wainui Gems Yr 2/3 vs Dairy Flat Dolphins. Lost 0 – 5. POD: Milly Rossiter.
Wainui Jets Yr 3 vs Sunnynook Sunrays. Won: 7 – 2. POD: Taya Hawken.
Wainui Comets Yr 4 vs Marina View Warriors. Lost 2 – 5. POD: Lily Haswell. Sportsmanship Award: Te Ruawai Bayer.
Wainui Yr 6/1 vs Bayview. Lost 3 – 14. POD: Katie McLiver.
Wainui Yr 6/1 vs Westmere. Won 9 – 5. POD: Lily Glasgow.
10/5/18: Wainui 8/1 vs Albany J/H 8/3. Won 34 – 20. POD: Grayce Brothers.
17/5/18: Wainui 8/1 vs Northcross 8/3. Won 15 – 7. POD: Reilly Irvine.
Yr 3/4 Girls vs Campbell’s Bay. Lost. POD: Pearl Glasgow.
Yr 3/4 Boys vs St Josephs Red Sticks. Won 5-1. POD: Tyler Newman.
Yr 5/6 Wainui Blue vs Browns Bay. Draw: 0 – 0. POD: Phoebe Walker.
Wainui Black Team Yr 7/8 vs Whangaparaoa. Won 7 – 0. POD: Sam Robinson.
Wainui Heat Yr 6 vs Red Beach Supernova. Won 9 – 4. POD: Ricardo Hawken.
FOR YOUR CALENDAR
- Thursday 24th May – Rippa Yr 3-6.
- Friday 25th May – Kiwi Assembly – 9am (please note slightly earlier start time due to the Rhythm Interactive Show).
- Friday 25th May – Rhythm Interactive Show – 10am is Yr 5-8, 11.30am is Yr 1-4.
- Tuesday 29th May – ICAS Science.
- Monday 4th June – Queen’s Birthday.
- Tuesday 5th – Wednesday 13th June – 2018 Life Education Caravan Visit.