FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S DESK
Kia ora Koutou,
The last week of school brings much celebration, a few tears and a whole lot of tidying up!!
Graduating Class of 2018 – Last night we celebrated the graduation of 24 very special year 8’s with their parents and teachers. What a wonderful evening it was!
The hall looked spectacular! Big thank you to Leanne Stevenson, Jason Irvine and their year 8 parent helpers. The graduates and their families all enjoyed an evening of wonderful food catered by Jon Bayer and Trinity Mothersole. Our young students made us all proud. We also farewelled some families at this event. The evening finished with a waltz the students had been learning.
Thank you to the year 7’s and their parents for being the wait staff of the evening. They then joined in the dancing and last hour of fun!
We wish every year 8 graduating all the very best for your future. Congratulations and farewell to the following graduating year 8 students and their families:
- Charli Bunce and the Bunce Family
- Dillon Finnegan and the Finnegan Family
- Cameron Goodger and the Goodger Family
- Sam Hussey and the Hussey Family
- Roman Hutchison and the Hutchison Family
- Reilly Irvine and the Irvine Family
- Chloe Kay and the Kay Family
- Seth Mothersole and the Mothersole Family
- Briar-Rose Stevenson and the Stevenson Family
- Caleb Waller and the Waller Family
Congratulations and farewell to the following graduating year 8 students but, not their families just yet!
- Lucy Elliott
- Ethan Garside
- Caroline Gilpin
- Paris Headford
- Jessie Holmes
- Tai Iremonger
- Bojan Paladin
- Xanthe Poninghaus
- Sam Robinson
- Rita Straka
- Thomas Steen
- Chalise Tolhopf
- Charlie Wallace-Pram
- Ella Woodcock
Pool – The pool is now ready to go, thank you to Richard for getting the pool ready. Pool keys are available at $65.00 (apologies for the incorrect amount listed in last week’s newsletter). $10.00 of this is a redeemable bond on return of the key, approximately at the end of term 1 in 2019.
Reports – These go home on Thursday 13th December and include the student’s class for 2019. All students will visit their new classroom on Friday 14th December from 9.15am – 10.00am. All students leaving will go to the hall at this time where they will be supervised by Ms Jackson and Mrs Taylor.
Classes and Teacher for 2019 – These have been finalised. Firstly we will be farewelling Miss Charlotte Tarpey who is off to new horizons with a job at Mangawhai Beach School. We thank Miss Tarpey for two wonderful years and wish her all the very best for the future. Miss Tarpey will be farewelled formally at the Farewell Assembly on Friday 14th December at 2.00pm.
Teachers and Classes for 2019.
|New Entrants/ Year 1||Mrs Collins||Puriri|
|New Entrants/ Year 1||Miss Rowlands||Puriri Rua|
|Year 1&2||Teacher TBC||Karaka|
|Year 1&2||Mrs Howard||Rata|
|Year 3&4||Mrs Millar||Kowhai|
|Year 3&4||Miss Mahler||Nikau|
|Year 3&4||Miss Ross||Kohekohe|
|Year 3&4||Mrs Richards & Miss Revell||Pukatea|
|Year 5&6||Miss Taylor||Totara|
|Year 5&6||Miss Goodyer||Matai|
|Year 5&6||Mrs Blackburn & Mrs Morris||Rimu|
|Year 7||Miss Stevenson||Kahikatea|
|Year 8||Mr Irvine||Kauri|
Releasing the class and the teacher before the holidays enables both child and teacher to meet and be more prepared for the following year. It is always an exciting time!
As this is my last full newsletter, I would like to wish everyone a safe and happy festive season. All the very best for 2019. If you are leaving, we wish you well, come back and visit. If you are returning, see you on the 4th February 2019!
Merry Christmas, Meri Kirihimete,
Christmas in the Country – What a great evening we had and were so lucky with the weather! A big thank you to everyone who helped out both before and during the event. A special thanks goes to Vanya Paladin who organised the raffles. The winners of the raffle were: Zoe Heaton, Hudson Wright, Logan Hessey, Jason Irvine, Maria Morris, Michelle and Karen.
Wai Day – We’re all looking forward to Wai Day this Thursday 13th December. There will also be sausages, drinks and bacon sandwiches for sale, all are $2.00.
At the last assembly, the following students received certificates for “Reflective” and “Respectful”.
Reflective Certificate Recipients:
- Kauri: Caroline Gilpin, Seth Mothersole. Writing: Dillon Finnegan.
- Kahikatea: Cian O’Brien, DJ Harris-Hatley. Writing: Julia Buchajczyk.
- Rimu: Ashton Becker-Crawford, Regan Lowe. Writing: William Houghton.
- Matai: Teah Schweitzer, Jacob Woodcock. Writing: Alex Colborn.
- Totara: Tahlia Moore, Ella Newman. Writing: Hannah Garside.
- Nikau: McKayla McMaster, Oscar Price. Writing: Violet Clayton.
- Kowhai: Taya Hawken, Ryder Olliff. Writing: Ava Elliott.
- Kohekohe: Eva Pengelly, Andre Potgieter. Writing: Rosie Gulik.
- Pukatea: Dylan Catchpole, Scott Tucker. Writing: Hamish Allen.
- Rata: Hamish Fincham, Ella Marshall. Writing: Riley McIntyre.
- Karaka: Anthony Doherty, Ashleigh Lloyd-Read. Writing: James Pallatt.
- Puriri Rua: Charlotte Andrew, Morgan Price. Writing: Hunter Olliff.
- Puriri: Jackson Ledger, Manu Sparkes. Writing: Kieran Miners.
Respectful Certificate Recipients:
- Kauri: Charli Bunce, Ethan Garside, Ella Woodcock.
- Kahikatea: Micaela Bartrom, Johnny O’Flaherty.
- Rimu: Noah Moss, Olly Smith.
- Matai: Imogen Germain, Sienna Stevenson.
- Totara: Stacia Pelser, Stevie Waugh.
- Nikau: Te Ruawai Bayer, George de Leeuw.
- Kowhai: Harry Browne Hale, Daniel Gorshkov.
- Kohekohe: Eliza Dunning, Paige McGregor.
- Pukatea: Ava Portig, Jackson Wright.
- Rata: Noah Peters, Ella Brea Wells-Lakeland.
- Karaka: Kayden Le, Hannah Wallace.
- Puriri Rua: Vuliana Lodge, Leo Sawyer.
- Puriri: James Gray, Logan Marshall.
- Our amazing Hellyer Cup Winners were Julia Buchajczyk (Kahikatea), Rita Straka (Kauri) and Chalise Tolhopf (Kauri).
FOR YOUR CALENDAR
- Wednesday 12th December – Prizegiving Years 3 – 8 – 1.30pm.
- Wednesday 12th December – Pukeko Team Show – 5.30pm.
- Thursday 13th December – Wai Day.
- Friday 14th December – Meet your new class and teacher for 2019 – 9.15am – 10.00am.
- Friday 14th December – Farewell Assembly – 2pm – Please note the change of time.
- Monday 17th December – Last Day of the Year – Finish at 1.00pm.
- Monday 4th February 2019 – First Day of Term 1, 2019.