Kia ora to you
Another glorious day in New Zealand, how lucky have we all been despite the anxiety of COVID-19 that lives with us all.
The staff of Wainui returning for Level 3 are ready, we have even washed the teddies from the sick bay as they may be needed by some of our younger people!!
As you are well aware, if you need to come to school you can, we have two bubbles of children with two teachers.
PLEASE do not come to school without first informing us via email to myself firstname.lastname@example.org or Mr Irvine email@example.com. This enables us to ensure we have all the safety measures in place.
Bubble One has the children in Years 1 – 4 with Mrs Hill and Miss Jackson.
Bubble Two has the senior children in Years 4 – 8 with Mr Irvine and Mrs Taylor.
The Teacher Only Day has enabled us all to prepare for children to return, and for the teachers staying at home for the online learning programmes to keep developing.
If you are finding it difficult to engage your child in the daily online learning please inform the teacher or the SENCO Mrs Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org . We have our Teacher Aides supporting children as well, your child may need some extra support.
For those returning tomorrow here are some more things to consider and do!!
- Must be at the roundabout, parents cannot walk you in as you used to do BUT there will always be someone there to help you. Bring your own teddy bear to hold it’s hand on the way up to the classroom.
- There are two metre marks to help you drop off at well spaced intervals, please stay in the car until one of the teachers sees you and calls you to come in.
- You and you child will be asked two questions – how are you, are you well and if you have come from a home free of sickness?
- This will help us all understand how two metres works and looks outside.
- Children will then walk up to their classes.
- One of the teachers will always be there as they will then ensure all safety measures continue to be adhered to.
- Must be at the usual time of 2.55pm.
- All children will be brought in their bubbles to the roundabout so the pick up will be carefully managed to ensure all children keep to the correct distance.
- Social distancing in the classroom is one metre apart for each child and adult. Please be aware the teachers have carefully set out how this will work today and will review this on an almost daily basis at the beginning.
- Families will be in the same bubble, there are two bubbles, but family groups do not need to adhere to the social distancing with each other.
5.Family Groups Programme
- This will be the same for the home learner and the school learner with the same teachers – therefore the online learning will be taught online at school. The teacher taking the session with always be with their class.
We wish everyone well over the next few weeks. If you are returning to work physically like we are, stay safe and vigilant with hand washing and lets hope we will all be at Level 2 very soon. The bears are washed and ready for the next level!!
Wednesday 29th April – FOWS Meeting – 7.00pm – join the ZOOM link. BYO wine and cheese this month!! I very much look forward to seeing some of you. https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82412288378?pwd=THVwRk1URkZEK2pSRmRNZFoyR0FGdz09
Ka kite ano,