Monday 15th February 2021
Dear Parents and Caregivers,
Not the start to the second week of 2021 we all wanted or expected!! Here we are back into Google Meet or ZOOM and changing learning to be at home again!! As you can see the staff all met today we are connected!! Some of the classes all met today the rest will meet online tomorrow!! The teachers and support staff are all ready to help and meet learning needs.
We have a very small group of essential workers children at school with 3 teachers, Jason Irvine, Shelley Ross, Leanne Stevenson, and myself here. Only children of essential workers to attend school. Our “bubble” is with this set of children and these teachers, if more join then it will continue with the same staff.
School care is not permitted to occur – a Ministry of Education directive.
Itinerant music teachers, Thinking Caps, and Pform will contact their students to let them know what is happening with these lessons, some have the capacity to work online others don’t, this is their choice.
sKids After School Care – Due to being in Alert Level 3, sKids will not be operating their after school programme from Mon 15th to Wed 17th February.
Buses – are operating as of tomorrow, they needed today to reorganise themselves and clean. It is probably best to confirm with Mel Ludwig or myself if you are going to use them.
Today is about “CARE AND CONNECTION!!” Today your teacher will have connected with you either via email, a Google Meet, or via phone. If you haven’t heard from anyone please touch base with myself or Mel and we will set the connection up. It could be we don’t have the correct details for you to do so.
Over the next few days, these are the times for connection via ZOOM years 1-4 or Google Meet years 5-8. Younger children will need help, most older children are able to do all this themselves.
Times for meeting:
We do put messages on Facebook and the School website as well to ensure we can cover all areas of communication, we will endeavour to keep you updated as to school-related information as fast as we can. Please bear with us though as we all know this happened very fast and unexpectedly. If we have missed something or you have a question please just ask.
We will make a decision about “BEACH DAY” and if it is going ahead tomorrow and let you all know.
Stay safe keep dry!! At least the tanks are getting filled and the grass will grow!!