FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S DESK
Kia ora Koutou,
Hasn’t it been wonderful to see some sunshine.
- SHINE ON – Mother Day Fashion Show!!
- PINK SHIRT DAY
- Rippa Rugby
- Whole School Assembly
- MasterChef Sign-Ups
- Board Meeting
- FOWS Meeting
- Whanau Ropu
WHAT’S BEEN HAPPENING
SHINE ON – Mother Days Fashion Show!! What a fabulous afternoon we all had last Saturday at the SHINE ON Mothers Day Fashion Show!! Huge thank you to Melissa Mexted and the FOWS team of Cairin Long, Lisa Vermeer, Monique Ritchie, Tammy Fuller, for all your hard work setting up the hall runway, creating the grazing table, putting together amazing raffles and of course Melissa enlisting SHINE ON for the fashion parade. Thank you to the staff and our fabulous mum Christina Magan modelling the SHINE ON clothes!! We all had a wonderful time modelling three outfits, a casual outfit, a smart casual outfit and a dressy one. We felt very special and proud to be able to do this!! The clothes are all from SHINE ON, a local Whangaparaoa business I know many of the staff will be making a visit to see Ellie and Amy out at SHINE ON!! a Huge thank you to SHINE ON for supporting Wainui, we hope this will continue again as it was so much fun!!
PINK SHIRT DAY – Today marks the beginning of and countdown to Pink Shirt Day! We cannot WAIT to turn Wainui School into a sea of māwhero/pink this Friday, to proudly Kōrero Mai, Kōrero Atu, Mauri Tū, Mauri Ora – Speak up, Stand Together, Stop Bullying!
By wearing a pink t-shirt or something pink on Friday 19th May (and beyond), you’re showing your aroha and commitment to creating a kinder, more inclusive Aotearoa where everyone feels safe, valued, and respected. At Wainui School our values link to this concept and thinking, our new resilience project helps us to build on these concepts as well. Our student leaders Lyla-Rose, Eva and Madi have a great morning planned for us to celebrate Pink Shirt Day.
We have compliment box set up for all the students to write a compliment in. We will have a Special Assembly with a “pink” parade and join with Constable Bryan who is an official ambassador for Pink Shirt Day. Constable Bryan & Constable John love coming to Wainui School to celebrate with us. Please bring a gold coin to donate to the cause.
- Rippa Rugby – 6 teams of 10 are attending the Rippa Rugby Zone Day at Stanmore Bay!! How exciting, as for some this is the first InterSchool competition they have been involved with. A huge thank you to Mr Cochrane for all your energy and organisation, have a great day everyone playing on Thursday.
- Whole School Assembly – Friday 19th May 2:00pm – This Friday will feature the Pukeko team who have been practicing their items to share. The team will present the Hellyer Cups and all teachers will present three certificates to their class. All parents are welcome to share our celebrations.
- MasterChef Sign-Ups – Student leader Harry Browne Hale is organising this much loved competition. This year sign ups will be on line they will begin on Wednesday. The forms will be sen to the teachers who will then distribute this by email. Heats will be organised once Harry has seen the number of entrants.
- Board Meeting – This is tonight, Tuesday 16th May at 6:30pm in the staffroom.
- FOWS Meeting – This is on Wednesday 17th May at 7:00pm in staffroom. We would love more members to come and join what is already proving to be a very proactive group of parents. New members are most welcome to come and meet new people and contribute to making Wainui School an even better place!!
- Photos – Class and sports team photos were taken today. Personalised order forms will come out 1-2 weeks after Photo Day. Photos are ordered online by the close date listed on the order form.
Whanau Ropu – Donna Greening, Jason Irvine and myself met to begin the first journey/ meeting for the Whanau Ropu. This is a group we have set up to look at how we can best meet the needs of all children at Wainui School who identify as Maori and Pasifika. We have set future meeting dates in the evening of Tuesday 30th May and Tuesday 27th June times to be confirmed, this will continue this different way of consulting. We would love more people to join us on this journey. Donna will contact you personally and let you know what this looks like and where we might be going but we would love more input!!
Please contact any one of us for more information.
Ka kite ano,
FOR YOUR CALENDAR
- Tuesday 16th May – Board Meeting – 6:30pm
- Wednesday 17th May – FOWs Meeting – 7pm
- Thursday 18th May – Yr 3-6 Rippa Zone Day
- Friday 19th May – Pink Shirt Day
- Friday 19th May – Pukeko Assembly – 2pm
- Monday 22nd May – Yr 7/8 Woodhill Mountain Biking & Disc Golf
- Friday 26th May – Hot Chocolate Fundraiser
- Tuesday 30th May – Whanau Ropu Hui
- Friday 2nd June – Teacher Only Day
- Friday 9th June – Hot Chocolate Fundraiser
- Tuesday 27th June – Whanau Ropu Hui
– email your sports results to Miss Ludwig in the office, email@example.com
Yr 2 Wainui Sapphires. Lost: 0 – 1. POD: Vogue Whittaker. Sportsmanship: Megan Uhe. Coaches Award: Penelope Campbell.
Yr 3 Wainui Stars vs St Joseph’s Shooting Stars. Lost: 0 – 3.
Yr 5 Wainui Asteroids vs Target Road Kea. Won: 15 – 1. POD: Isla Brothers.
Yr 6 Wainui Galaxy vs Dairy Flat. Won: 7 – 4. POD: Scarlett Thew & Summer Starr.
Yr 1/2 Wainui Dribblers vs Waitoki Defenders. Won: 1 – 0.
Yr 5/6 Wainui Wairau. Won: 5 – 4.
Yr 7/8 Wainui Senior Basketball vs Half Court Hustlers. Lost: 14 – 38. POD: Jakob Brown.