Kia ora Koutou,
Ag Day is coming!! Dad, Chad Mexted built the best pen we have seen at Wainui for Isla and Madison’s lambs!! We love hearing the lambs in the office each day we are so lucky to have a school that still has Ag Day!!
Hi all, weren’t we so lucky to have such a wonderful day for our school Cross Country!!
- Cross Country
- Learning Conversations
- Quiz Night final thank you’s
- Board Elections
- Daffodil Day
- Student Counsellor Activities Term 3
- Wai Factor Auditions
- Cultural Diversity and World Gratitude Day
- Whole School Assembly
WHAT’S BEEN HAPPENING
Year 7 Boys proud of their run!!
Cross Country – What a great day we all had, thanks to the weather and the great organisation by Mr Cochrane, Mrs Howard and Miss Robinson, the school sports organisers this year.
There was a wonderful turnout of families to support all the competitors, it really is great to see everyone after so long not being able to mix and mingle with events.
The winners of the year 7&8 races and the years 5&6 races (first 10 places) will be competing at the Inter School events later this term.
All place getters from all year groups will be presented with certificates at a sports assembly in the last week of term.
Congratulations to all the students for giving the races your best all the training the classes have been doing was evident
Year 2’s Grayson and Gene racing for first place around the last bend.
- Learning Conversations – There was an excellent turnout at the interviews, thank you everyone. The partnership between home and school is so important to us, enables us all to work together for even better outcomes for your child. if you still haven’t met with the teacher please make a time to do so. The teachers will contact you as well to make this happen.
- Quiz Night Final Thank You’s!! – A huge thank you to everyone who made this night possible!! It was so much fun!! These events are so so necessary, being a high decile school we get lower funding, we need these funds to enable us to do everything we plan each year. Last week I said I would thank everyone!! Special mention must go to JR, John Robertson of The Production Agency and dad to Jake and Tyler for the sound, technical set up, and organising the entertainment with the Quiz Master and then Josh Leys a fantastic entertainer who had us all dancing!!
To all the sponsors of Quiz Night above, we thank you!!!
- Board Elections – We have 7 candidates, please get your vote in by 4pm on 7th September, this is Board Election Day!! There is a ballot box in the office to drop your votes into or you can post your voting paper using the self-addressed envelope you received with your voting papers. Our candidates are; Pip Catchpole, Annaliese Hewitt, Cassandra Horne, Joseph Long, Chad Mexted, and current Board members Lindsay Ledger and Chris Scott.
- Daffodil Day – On Friday, the 26th of August (Friday, week 5), the House Captains will be running a parade in the hall for all classes to participate in to celebrate Te Ra o Kowhai (Daffodil Day). We would really like it if all
children could come to school dressed in daffodil-style costumes for the day. They will “parade” with their classes and show off their costumes. There will be small prizes for the best dressed in each classroom. It would be fantastic if all students could bring a gold coin donation, the collected donations will be given to the Cancer Society.
- Student counsellor activities Term 3
- Wai Factor Auditions – Violet Clayton and Samantha Neely are the key organisers for this much anticipated and loved event.
- The auditions are planned for:
- Monday 22nd August 10:35 – 11:45am – Year 5-7
- Thursday 25th August 12:15 – 1:25pm – Year 0-2
- Friday 26th August 10:35 – 11:45am – Year 3/4
- The grand final is on Friday 16th September at 1:30pm. The contestants are signed up we look forward to being entertained.
- Cultural Diversity and World Gratitude Day 21st September – Key organiser Sunny Odedra with Ella Maddox. “The concept behind cultural diversity day is to recognise and celebrate the diversity of culture within Wainui school and to insure that racism and bullying doesn’t occur.”( Sunny Odedra). Further details to come.
- Whole School Assembly Friday 19th August – Pukeko team will be the sharing items and recipients of the Hellyer Cups at the whole School Assembly.
- Hockey InterSchool tournament – On Thursday 18th August the Year 5&6 team will be participating in the Hibiscus Coast schools competition at Metro Park – have a great day team.
- InterSchool Cross Country Year 7&8 – Friday 19th August with the Kaipara region at Muriwai Beach!! Have a great run all participants.
Jackson Ledger with “Sausage”!! Ready for Cross Country!!
Book Fair!! Thank you everyone for supporting the Book Fair, it was a great success. For every item sold the school also receives points which we can then use to purchase more books for our library!!
Ka kite ano,
Ag Day Chicks Pick-Up –
The one-day old chicks will be here for collection next Wednesday 24th August from 2.30pm in staffroom
. Remember to bring a suitable box to take them home in eg: a shoe box with bedding. They will need to be kept warm on your trip home. Chick here for information on how to care for your chick. Looking After Chickens 2022
– email your sports results to Miss Ludwig in the office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Wainui Sapphires Yr 1 vs Murray’s Bay Vixens. Lost: 2 – 3. POD: Sophie Starr. Coaches Award: Sanskruthi Gopinath. Thank you Kelsie for filling in.
Wainui Rockets Yr 2 vs Wainui Gems. Won: 6 – 4. POD: Chloe Marshall & Elle Olivier. With a special thanks to Sophie Starr from the Y1 team playing an awesome game for us.
This year we had so many girls wanting to play netball that we had to create two Year 2 netball teams. After the grading games both of our teams made it into the top grade which is an amazing effort in itself. This meant that they would have to play each other.
As a year 2 playing your friends and classmates who you see all week at school can be hard to do but these girls did an amazing job! Both teams played with so much pride and never gave up, playing right up to the final whistle. We are very proud to have these girls representing our school every week and having so much fun while doing so.
Congratulations to the Wainui Rockets for taking out the closely fought game against the Wainui Gems who never gave up. Every game has to have a winner, but they’re all winners in my eyes!
– Brooke Hunter Coach of the Wainui Gems.
Wainui Galaxy Yr5 vs. Sherwood Pugs. Lost: 4 – 17. POD: Summer Starr. Coaches Award: Dylan Catchpole – first ever game of netball and played an amazing game!
Wainui Stars Yr 6 vs Coatesville. Won: 12 – 11. POD: Capri Fairhurst and Emily Gray.
Wainui Speed Cats Yr 3/4 vs Red Beach Ninjas. Won: 6 – 1. POD: Kenzie Banton.
Wainui Wasps Yr 3/4 vs Waitoki Pushers. Lost: 2 – 4. POD: Oliver Smithies.
Wainui Wairau Yr 5/6 loss vs Stella Maris Sticks. Lost: 1 – 4. POD: Amy Lowe.
Wainui Ripples Yr 3/4 vs Kingsway Kahawai. Lost: 2 – 4. POD: Lars Gill.
Wainui Surges Yr 5/6 vs Silverdale Snapper. Drew: 3 – 3. POD: Leo Banton.